Brotherhood of the Apocalypse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to a gaming group who's been tested by the sands of time. Doesn't matter if the game comes in FPS, TPS, RPG, or RTS, the Brotherhood leaves a wake of broken bodies and shattered souls. Look for us at the top of the scoreboards.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Computer Build

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sannta

New Computer Build Empty
PostSubject: New Computer Build   New Computer Build Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 7:04 pm

Hey guys, I wasn't exactly sure where to post this but I think that it belongs in the PC Division.

Anyways, I'm going to be building my new computer very shortly and thought it'd be nice to get some feedback on the components. If you have any input I'd love to hear it, and for reference, my budget is just about $1300.

Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Pro
CPU: Intel i5-2500k
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 570 HD
Heatsink: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1600
Case: Cooler Master CM690 II
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200 RPM
PSU: Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro 80+ Gold

I get a copy of Win 7 Pro for free (thank you MSDNAA!) so I don't have to factor that in to the cost of the machine.

Back to top Go down
g047r4p3r
Webmaster
Webmaster

New Computer Build Empty
PostSubject: Upgrading   New Computer Build Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 4:00 am

How often do you upgrade? For me, I want the best hardware I can have all the time. I upgrade my cpu, vid card, ram, and mobo once a year. Although you may not be hardcore like that, if you plan to upgrade in two years, I would not go with Intel or Nvidia, I would go with AMD and ATI. For the same performance you can save hundreds.

Although, if you overclock stick with what you have, their have more hardy hardware. You live in Cali in a place where power outages are not too common I imagine, whereas my power goes out all the time in the winter. You don't really need hardy hardware unless you lan a lot, overclock, or don't plan on upgrading for around 5 years.

Other than that, everything looks good. A trick to getting 2 TB of harddrive space with $200. Buy a Western Digital externail Harddrive, the ones as thick as books. Break it apart, and put that 1TB 7200 RPM SATA drive into your computer. It's nice.
Back to top Go down
http://brotherapoc.omgforum.net

New Computer Build
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brotherhood of the Apocalypse :: Personal Computer Division :: Ranks and Posts-
Jump to: